Friday, September 12, 2008


This afternoon, after some orientation, we had free time. A group of friends and I decided to go to the Porto Rafti beach, about a 20-minute walk from the university.
It was a beautiful day. The sun shone brightly on the clear, blue-green water. Below, you can see a picture of the shining Aegean Sea and the city of Porto Rafti in the background.
I loved diving into the cool water after the long, hot walk to the beach.
Before we left the beach, I decided to approach an older local gentleman that had been fishing near us all day. "Costas" spoke choppy English and immediately told me use his snorkel, goggles, and flippers and go fishing. When I got all of that on, he tried to hand me his long spear that he had been using to catch fish. I could barely master the snorkel and got tons of salt water up my nose several times. The speedo was shocking to see, especially on an older man, but I was told that speedos are just Greek style. It was a great day again today, and tomorrow we start our first day of classes.

2 comments:

HISTORIAS DE ESTA VIDA X JMEC............... said...

QUE BONITO ,SUERTE.......

sportzstar101 said...

Hey Gracie!!! I am soo glad you are having fun!! I am praying for you everyday! Isn't the guy in Traveling Pants named"Custos"? Anyways, I hope to talk to you see on skyoe! Sleep well!!!
Love you!
Chloe'