Saturday, November 29, 2008

End of the Semester and Free Travel

It's Saturday afternoon, and I just finished my second to last day of classes! Things are really winding down here at the Artemis. Before I left for Israel, I was so ready to get home, but now, I'm realizing how much I'm going to miss my fellow HUGgers and this beautiful country of Greece that has become my home the past 2 1/2 months.
Tomorrow, Sunday, we have our last church service in Athens, followed by a Christmas banquet on a garden hotel rooftop.
Monday, Dec. 1st, is our last day of classes. Tuesday we ship all our luggage home. Wednesday and Thursday are when we take our finals, and Friday, everyone leaves! Less than half of the group will fly home on Friday, December 5th, and the rest of us will set out for 'free travel.'
I will be free-traveling with Samantha Covalt and Stephanie Sterry (two girls from my HUG group) and also Samantha's aunt, Janet. We will be travelling by airplane, train, bus, and taxi. Here is our itinerary for free travel, so you can follow along if you want:

Friday, Dec. 5th: Stay in Greece, showing Samantha's aunt around Athens.
Saturday, Dec. 6th: Athens
Sunday, Dec. 7th: Fly from Athens to Rome.
Monday, Dec. 8th: Rome
Tuesday, Dec. 9th: Rome
Wednesday, Dec. 10th: Florence
Thursday, Dec. 11th: Florence
Friday, Dec. 12th: Venice. Sleeper train from Venice to Paris. Go to sleep in Venice - wake up in Paris!
Saturday, Dec. 13th: Paris
Sunday, Dec. 14th: Paris
Monday, Dec. 15th: Paris. Fly home. Arrive in OKC at 8:43 p.m.!

2 comments:

jmattchi said...

Grace,
So excited for you! I hope you have an amazing time!
Aunt Joan

ace26 said...

GJ Grace,

I think you understand the feeling of missing home now. I miss my family a lot though. Anyway, I will go to Oklahoma next week. Hopefully will see you there

Cho