Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Party

Last Wednesday, October 29th, we had a Halloween party. Fofi our chef prepared a fabulous feast and some of the girls made "worms in dirt" and cupcakes. I planned on just wearing a white bed sheet as a toga, but at the last second, my friends and I decided to be creative. I ended up as Chiquita Banana girl. See the blue Chiquita stickers on my cheeks?
These are all the girls in my group. A lot of them wore their Egyptian outfit from the Nile Cruise. Below is Colby, who dressed up as a suicide bomber. He made TNT out of computer paper, which he strapped around himself , and he is about to click his mouse... oh goodness.
This is Fofi, our amazing chef for lunch and dinner at the Artemis. She is a Greek-American from New York, and she makes us laugh all the time.
Rebecca and Tim Brinley, our directors here at Harding University in Greece, dressed up like a Viking and a Dutch girl.
This is Fofi's teenage daughter, Toula. She is homeschooled for high school, so she hangs around the Artemis with us most days.
Jessica Berrens, my roommate (aka Pocahontas), me, and Kelsey Curtis (Jackie Kennedy - she really does look exactly like Jackie.)
I drew Jessica's Pocahontas tattoo on her arm
Colby was roasting the pumpkin seeds over a tiny candle and then feeding the charred seeds to me off of his knife.
This is my pumpkin-carving group. I mainly watched and dug out the slimy seeds. The boys made our pumpkin look like it's throwing up - so not me!
At the end of the night, I separated out the pumpkin seeds so that we could roast them in the oven - yum!

No comments: